Puppies 2012

Puppies 2012
Cherry & Maverick 10-04-2012

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Coming Home Information

Time is passing so quickly, and I know everyone is excited about their puppy coming home.

The puppies will have their shots at the end of April.  I do not like to push that ahead.  Shots are absolutely important, but those little bodies need time to mature.  Years ago, people gave shots at 5-6 weeks of age.  That was  also the time when puppies were allowed to leave for their new homes at 7 weeks.  Guidelines have changed ~ pups can only leave after 8 weeks, and shots can be given later at 7-8 weeks. I prefer 8 weeks.

This means pups will be ready to go the 1st weekend of May.  Many of you are traveling distances, and I am willing to take a vacation day on Friday, May 3rd if that helps anyone get their puppy home so you can spend more time with them. 

If you are planning on making this a two day trip, many of our previous families have stayed in Grove City, PA.  That is about 20 minutes from us.  Grove City is famous for their Prime Outlets -- over 100 stores - lots of motels and restaurants.  BTW - no sales tax in Penna on clothing/shoes.

The pups are currently eating Purina Pro - chicken/rice puppy food.  Purina Pro is a higher grade of puppy food than Purina Puppy Chow.  It is available at pet stores - I buy it at Tractor Supply.  If you are planning on feeding a different food, that is fine.  I'll send some home with you to make the transition.

I'm excited for everyone!  Please let me know your plans in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment